Roasted Chicken & Vegetables
- Whole Chicken
- Seasoning Mixture: Smoked paprika, garlic powder, salt, pepper, lemon zest (mixed together)
- Carrots, celery, onion
Roasted Chicken Over Vegetables
- Slice onion into large circular disks and line the baking dish with them.
- Drizzle onions in baking dish with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Pat chicken completely dry and season heavily with seasoning mixture (on top, inside, and under skin).
- Cut lemon in half and place in cavity.
- Place seasoned chicken on top of onions and allow to sit for an hour on the counter.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Roast chicken for 1-1.5 hours, checking internal temp after an hour.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees and cook until done. Breast should read: 165 / Thighs should read: 175
- Allow chicken to rest 20-30 minutes before cutting and serving.