Seared Scallops in a Lemon Butter Sauce
The perfect summer meal to have with a glass of white wine and a crusty loaf of freshly baked bread. Practically effortless and so satisfying.
This isn’t really a recipe but more of a method. And it’s quick, like super quick!
Have the very few ingredients necessary ready right when you begin to cook.
Seared Scallops in a Lemony Butter Sauce
- Step 1: Buy very good scallops. They should have no smell except for maybe a hint of ocean.
- Step 2: Lay scallops on paper towels and dry them well. If you see a little piece of grayish-white on the edge, remove it. This is the abductor muscle and it’s chewy! Season with salt.
- Step 3: Get a stainless steel skillet very hot on high heat. (Do not use a non stick skillet!) Add in 1/2 Tbl of olive oil.
- Step 4: Sear your scallops for 3 minutes exactly. DO NOT TOUCH THEM BEFORE YOUR TIMER IS UP! Then turn them and repeat exact same process of 3 minutes and do not touch!
- Step 5: Remove scallops from pan. Take the pan off the heat and add in 2 Tbl of butter, lemon zest, black pepper, chopped parsley and chives. Scrape up any brown bits. Pour sauce over your scallops.
- Step 6: Eat them up and relish the fact that you are eating a whole plate of scallops that would cost about $80 at a fancy restaurant!